Due to focussed progress on my PhD thesis this month, I haven’t made any progress in my gamedev project. Nevertheless there are still some ideas coming to my mind which I would like to store here:
- Add some additional information/intelligence mechanic: This will influence how soon the player gets reports about what is going on in the cities
- Make a threshold for when a true oppisition forms. Maybe even add factions that will work together or split after some time or events
- Add the possibility to invite opposition for dialogue or refuse to negotiate with them
These features would probably add a lot of depth but will also make the development and gameplay more complicated. So rather something to add after the first prototype.
This is an idea I had today: Add some special action to the game that the player can use only once a play.
- Bribe opposition leader
- False Flag operation in city
- Offer concessions
Most probably I’ll get some more ideas for that. I plan to start programming this wekend and will keep you updated.
Instead of writing my ideas on different sheets of paper, which I tend to mess up anyway, I’m going to use this blog to dump my ideas. Maybe this will cause some feedback in the early sketching phase. Don’t expect the most eloberated blog post here. Just lists.
- Political topic
- Manage governmental decisions of a modern country at the start of uprising/revolution
- Black/Red/White colour palette
- Turn based
- Interact with the main cities of your country
- Some transparent and some important hidden statistics
- No randomization
- One round equals one week
- Different endings
- Population can flee to other cities or countries
- Python with pygame as the tools to make the prototype
- Self recorded music (Punk Rock or similar)
Stuff to do in game and consequences:
- Reinforce police in city; threshold to cause denial and uprising
- Withdraw police; threshold depending on different statistics if approval will rise or uprising spreads
- Declare state of emergency in city; may increase violence in uprising in other cities – prevents population from fleeing the city – massive impact on denial/approval
- Close the borders; prevents population from fleeing your country
- Talk to protesters; may calm population down / raise approval – politicians could be attacked or even taken hostage
These are the basic ideas so far. Feel free to add some suggestions in the comments.